The Parish Council meeting on 19th October 2017 was attended by Councillors Brian Frith, Beverley Humphreys, Andrew Coleman, Gilly Barnes, Sarah Allen and Dawn Welsby. Also present were the Clerk and three members of the public.
Some of the main items discussed at the meeting are mentioned here. Full minutes of the meeting are available here in draft form until agreed by the Council at the next meeting (16th November 2017).
The following planning applications were discussed:
- 2017 / 2244 – Clavers Cottage, Low Rd – New shed – Councillors raised no objections to this application.
- 2017 / 2189, 2190 & 2191 – Church Farm Barns, Low Rd – Conversion of a Grade II listed barn to form new dwelling – This application was discussed at some length. Councillors agreed they did not object to the roof application (2191). With regard to the main application (2189 & 2190), Councillors did not object to the plans in principal but were concerned about the lack of turning for cars. The plan seemed to indicate that vehicles would have to reverse on to the highway.
- 2017 / 2196 – Forncett Manor – Erection of brick garage and garden wall – Councillors raised no objections to this application.
- 2017 / 1915 – Land north of Walnut Tree Cottage, Low Rd – Replace garage / store with open sided wood store – Councillors raised no objection to this application.
- 2017 / 2370 – Hope Valley – Variation of conditions – Councillors discussed this application. Whilst there were no objections to the majority of the points, Councillors did object to the change to the planned fencing. The hedge bordering the site badly needs cutting back, as it is encroaching on to the highway. Should it be cut back, together with the loss of leaf in the Autumn, Councillors did not believe there would be adequate screening for the site.
There is an opportunity to respond to the Parish Boundary Review being carried out by South Norfolk Council. The results, following the first period of consultation, indicated no change for Forncett. This was supported by Councillors and it was therefore agreed that no further comments were necessary.
The adoption of the phone box on Low Road has been completed and the renovations will begin in due course.
As a result of feedback received relating to the bulb planting project, it has been agreed that only a native species bulb will be used.
The clerk has, for some time, reported on crime statistics in the village. The information available tends to be quite out of date, so the reporting of figures in meetngs will cease. If anyone wishes to access the local crime statistics, they can be found on www.police.uk where local information can be obtained by entering your postcode in 'Find Your Neighbourhood'.
The next parish council meeting will be on Thursday 16th November 2017, at 7.30 pm. The agenda will be published about a week before the meeting, but if you have any matters to bring to the attention of the Parish Council in the meantime, please contact the clerk, Anne Rayner, on 01508 570700 or by email . Please note that the date of the December 2017 meeting has been brought forward to Thursday 14th December