We now meet Lydia Avery, our priest at St Peter’s
- Hits: 260
The Friends of St Peter’s was set up in 2019 to bring together all of those interested in the future of this architectural wonder at the centre of the Forncetts. This remarkable building with its exceptional Saxon tower, 15th century alabaster tomb, medieval carved bench ends and unique ancient tower ladder is now in desperate need of repairs and renovations expected to cost £750,000.
Please become a Friend of St Peter’s - it is free.
All we ask is that you support this special place in any way you can:
• Register as a Friend. This will help us demonstrate to grant providers that the church is valued by members of the church-going community, the local community more generally and people who care about the long-term preservation of such a wonderful historic building whether they live in the UK or further afield.
• Attend and support our Events and fund-raising initiatives.
• Help to organize events and activities.
• Share your skills, for example market research experience, social media, writing for publicity, baking, singing or playing an instrument, arts and crafts, washing up – all are valuable.
• Share your ideas. Raising funds at this level means we need to come up with ideas which will inspire and motivate, reaching beyond our village to others who love and value ancient buildings.
• Make a monetary Donation. No amount is too small. If you are able to Gift Aid your donation the Fabric Fund will be able to claim the tax which would have been due on it - that’s £12.50 for every £10 donated.
• Inspire your friends to become our Friends, wherever they may be. We already have a Friend in Brazil!
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact Gilly Barnes.